Sunday 24 April 2022

My (Most often) Every Day Carry

There are numerous YouTube videos where people discuss their Every Day Carry. I hadn't thought of turning it into a topic of discussion until I saw a few of them, so here I am, disclosing mine.

I must state that I don't carry my Adidas bag everywhere I go. If it's a short trip somewhere to pick up a carton of Hahn Super Dry, low carb beer, I just take my wallet and car keys. Longer trips, I take the whole EDC.

The stuff people carry is interesting but essentially, most of us have a need for the same things, eg car keys, wallets etc. Knives, pens and other "stuff" is optional.

Here's a description of what I carry:

When I lift the front cover (image two from top) I have a few glass wipes because I wear prescription and sun glasses that always seem to need cleaning. This part has a zipper section so inside I can include some coinage just in case I need it and some plastic money eg, a $50 note for emergencies.  

When I flip that part back, it has some slots for credit cards in which I have business cards and slots for two pens. I have a Lamy metal pen and a Victorinox pen and usually do a crossword puzzle while reading the local paper and having a cup of coffee. Of course they also come in handy if I need to write something although these days I put record reminders in my iPhone most of the time.

My car keys (at left) have a souvenir from the British House of Commons on which I've engraved my name and phone number just in case I lose the keys, which is unlikely as I wear them hanging from a sturdy belt clip accompanied by another smallish keychain knife in which the blade is inserted. (Anyone would think I had a knife fetish)

In the section at right are a notebook in another sleeve, and a one-blade Leatherman. The Swiss Army knife I usually carry in my pocket. There is also a torch (flashlight) that has a removable clip that makes it small and easy to carry. 

So there it is, that's me in nine paragraphs.

#Robinoz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that constitute spam, bullying or anything offensive will be deleted. Please comment sensibly and pleasantly.