Thursday 14 April 2022

How App(lication)s can get us into trouble

 

My iPhone has this wonderful health app 💙that tracks my walking, allows me to enter blood pressure, pulse, cycling distance, BMI, height - that hasn't changed in the past 70 years, and much more.

One of the things it also does is allow one to track sexual activity. Why, I'm not sure.

I do recall when I was 18 to around 20 I had a little book into which I wrote the name and contact details of ladies who had helped me develop my intimacy skills. It was probably a skite book, although I can't recall ever telling any of my friends with whom, or how many women I had been intimate. I do recall that there were many pages spare when I decided it was a childish thing to do and decided to use it only to record names and contact details without any additional descriptions. 

Flipping through my Health App recently, I stumbled across the entry at left in my Sexual Activity log. It appears that at around 12 midday on Sunday, 23 August 2020 I had a "sexual activity" for maybe a minute. I've never been that fast!

Nowadays, I can't remember what I did a week ago, or where I've left my sunglasses, let alone what I'm supposed to have done on that Sunday afternoon. However, if I had had sex with someone for even a few minutes, I would have known. And I'd be surprised because while it may have once taken me a few minutes to ejaculate, it now takes longer.

So, my conclusion is that this is a misrepresented activity cause by something running amuck in the app.

Imagine if my wife was a nosy wife who looked through my iPhone (which she isn't) and came across this. I could be in real trouble.

Stay well and check your apps.

Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that constitute spam, bullying or anything offensive will be deleted. Please comment sensibly and pleasantly.