Sunday 15 May 2022

Dear Diary - Every Day is the Same

 

Today's diary entry says it all.

Every day is a repeat of every other day. Well, it is when one is retired. Not completely, but mostly.

Let me explain.

Most days for me go like this, I:

  1. wake up and change into my day clothes
  2. look out the front door (to the East) to see what type of day it's likely to be (sun's up!)
  3. open the blinds to our loungeroom side door and rear windows that look out into our patio cover and lovely garden full of lilly-pillies, lavendar, wooly-bushes and an oversupply of a variety of succulents (they grow very well and easily)
  4. boot my laptop
  5. turn on the television (which I later regret)
  6. make a cup of coffee
  7. jot down a few things in my diary/notebook that I expect to do today - in conjunction with my Google Calendar. I do a lot of volunteering so most days I have something to do for someone
  8. check email and the news
  9. make a cup of tea for my wife who usually sleeps in longer than I do
  10. have breakfast between 10 and 11 am when I get hungry
  11. do some volunteer work, much of which is on a laptop (writing grant applications etc)
  12. go for a walk, ride, do some rowing exercise in my rower and a few reps of fitness tube exercises
  13. have lunch around 2 pm
  14. sit down in my comfortable Lazyboy chair and watch some tv after lunch
  15. make dinner or help make dinner at about 6:30 pm
  16. watch Home and Away (much to the laughter of my daughter who thinks I'm too old for that)
  17. view some how-to videos on YouTube: carpentry, cooking, tool use
  18. go to bed at 11:30 pm
The next day is much the same. But at the back of my mine, it seems that life is like that. We get into a routine, follow it and it becomes a way of life. Wake up - go to work - go to sleep with a few different thing in between.

Some days I think it's boring. 

#Robinoz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that constitute spam, bullying or anything offensive will be deleted. Please comment sensibly and pleasantly.